Discrimination is Against the Law
In addition to the State of California nondiscrimination requirements (as described in benefit coverage documents), MemorialCare Select Health Plan complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. MemorialCare Select Health Plan does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
MemorialCare Select Health Plan:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as qualified sign language interpreters and written information in other formats (large print, accessible electronic formats, other formats).
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as qualified interpreters and information written in other languages.
- If you need these services, contact MemorialCare Select’s Member Services Department at: 1(844) 805-8700 (TTY/TDD: 711)
If you believe that MemorialCare Select Health Plan has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:MemorialCare Select Health Plan Member Services
17360 Brookhurst Street
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Phone: (844) 805-8700
Fax: (657) 241-3960
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, please contact the customer service department at the facility you visit to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201
Phone: 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
MemorialCare Select Health Plan is committed in assisting our members and providers who are in need of language assistance through the following services:
- Interpreting services to members
- Access to member educational materials
- Sign language interpretation assistance for our hearing-impaired members